May 12, 2017 by Virginia James
Today’s recipe is meant to be part of a healthy dinner for 2 – perfect for a nice night in with your special someone to cook together and enjoy while binge watching your favorite shows.
Roasted Tahini Veggie Mix
- 1 Head Broccoli
- 1/2 Sweet Potato
- 1 Can Chickpeas (drained and rinsed well)
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 2-3 Tbspn Tahini Sauce (with extra to garnish)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Parsley
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from half a lemon
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop the broccoli and sweet potato to bite-sized pieces
- In a huge bowl, combine your Broccoli, Sweet Potato, Chickpeas, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, coconut oil, and Tahini sauce. Toss everything to distribute all flavors evenly.
- Keep your red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice and parsley aside and mix together in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Line a flat, wide pan with foil or spray with coconut oil and lay your mixture of veggies evenly across the surface. Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- After veggies are roasted, toss back into your bowl and add your parsley mixture, and an extra drizzle of tahini sauce. Toss to distribute evenly.
- Serve, and enjoy!
NOTES: This can be enjoyed as a main dish or as a side*
This recipe is a modified version of Tahini Dinner Tray from Toneitup.com