June 29, 2016 by Virginia James
- Name: Barbara Gordon/Batgirl
- First Appearance: Batman #139 (April 1961)
- Profession: College student by day; crime-fighter by night.
- Strengths: Impressive fighting skills and tech knowledge.
- Weaknesses: Magic and Piercing objects.
So, what does Batgirl do to keep herself lean and mean? According to this, lots of punching! All are body weight exercises that will be sure to get your blood flowing – add handheld dumbbells for strength! Here’s her routine… Let’s get started!
Complete 10 sets for each exercise
(Beginners: start with 4 circuits)
- Jumping Lunges -10 reps
- Punches -40 reps
- High Knees – 20 reps
- Squat + Front Kicks -10 reps
- Plank Leg Raises -10 reps
- Knee to Elbow Climbers -10 reps
- Cross Punch Sit-Ups -10 reps
- Reverse Crunches -10 reps
- Knee to Elbow Crunches -10 reps
Again, to start out, try doing 3 sets of each exercise (at least!), then work yourself up to 7 if you feel it is too easy
Check back to this blog for other geek workouts coming soon!