June 1, 2016 by Virginia James
Carbing up can sometimes be a challenge …so when you have some major carbing -up to do… look no further than this One Pot Pasta recipe! I’ve made this several times in the past and plan to make it tonight 🙂
What you’ll need:
- 12 oz linguine brown rice pasta (or fettuccine)
- 1 1/2 Cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Sweet onion, cut julienne
- 4 cloves garlic (or 4 tsps. garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or salt substitute)
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. dried oregano (or italian seasoning)
- chopped basil and spinach (optional)
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbspns. extra virgin olive oil
How to make it:
- Toss all ingredients into a pot. (seriously -that’s the hardest part!)
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low simmer for about 10 minutes; stirring every 2 minutes to avoid burning.
- Cook until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Optional -add spinach when liquid is almost gone, if you wish to use fresh spinach
Serve and Enjoy!!!