June 1, 2016 by Virginia James
While he was created to emphasize patriotism in the US during the second world war, Captain America has come a long way throughout the history of comics. He was seen fighting the Axis Powers in some of his early comics, and he was among the top of the list of favorite heroes during the war time. Above all, his story of transformation which, although completely fictional, gives hope to scrawny men and women alike to get moving and become toned and fit as the Cap himself.
…and with muscles like that -why not? Let’s get this workout done and get as toned as the cap himself!
- Name: Steve Rogers aka: Captain America
- First Appearance: Captain America Comics #1 (March 1941)
- Profession: Super Soldier
- Strengths: Super-human Strength and agility, and endurance.
- Weaknesses: same weakness as every other human such as being shot, falling from high places, fire, drowning, getting stabbed, etc.
So, how can we get strong and lean like Captain America?:
Complete anywhere from 3-7 sets
(Beginners: let’s be safe and start out with 3)
- Run in Place -30 seconds
- Punches -80 reps
- Knee-tuck Jumps – 10 reps
- Sit-Ups-20 reps
- Butt-Ups -10 reps
- Raised Leg Circles-10 reps
- Push-Ups -10 reps
- Back Rotations-10 reps
- Door Frame Rows -20 reps
Again, to start out, try doing 3 sets of each exercise (at least!), then work yourself up to 7 if you feel it is too easy
This is a Neila Rey workout- she has really inspired me to exercise more often lately. Cheers to her!
Check back to this blog for other geek workouts coming soon!