May 5, 2016 by Virginia James
Why does it glow? Okay, so it doesn’t glow at all… but it works magic on your skin and gives you an awesome glow that brightens your eyes and hydrates your skin! Ever since I started drinking this smoothie, I just can’t help but admire my skin-not just on my face, but my legs/arms and the rest of my body.
It also works wonders with your stomach. After a night of having a sour stomach (doesn’t happen too often, but I’m only human), I like to take a glassful of this smoothie to help settle my tummy. The mint leaves, it give it extra aide in soothing your tummy while giving you a nice light breakfast.
- 2 kale leaves
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 carrots
- 1 small knob ginger
- 1 pear, core removed and sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 or 2 sprigs of mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 6-8 ice cubes
- If you have a ‘low’ setting on your blender, begin with the softer item first – kale.
- Then turn to ‘high’ and toss in the celery, carrots and ginger; one at a time.
- Add into the blender: spinach, pear slices, chia seeds and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth, or until you reach your desired consistency.
My favorite variations:
I like to add certain other things to this just give it a nice protein kick:
- 1 Scoop of spirulina or another vegan protein
- 1 Tablespoon of Peanut or Almond Butter
- 1/4 Cup of rolled oats
- 3 Tablespoons of Hemp Seeds
When I want to add some extra sweetness to it:
- 1 teaspoon Light Agave Nectar or Maple Syrup
- A dash of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of frozen berries
- handful of frozen mango chunks (or watermelon)
I hope you enjoy this smoothie as much as I do! Drink for breakfast, snack or have it with your lunch or dinner!