March 3, 2016 by Virginia James
Hello everyone, Happy Thursday! I had a great morning today; I hope you’re having a great day as well. You all know how much I adore my barbell, but today I’m going to give it a bit of a rest, and let go of the weights. Instead, my workout is going to be implemented purely with body weight. Why did I decide to do this? Simply for a change. I never like repeating my workouts –it’s a whole lot more fun to get out of your comfort zone. Keeping your workouts dynamic in this way, help you figure out what is best for you; for your body, and how it will affect you personally.
So let’s get moving, shall we?
- Push Ups -3 sets of 12 reps
- Tricep Dips -3 sets of 10 reps
- Negative Pull-ups -3 sets 8
- Crunches -3 sets of 20 reps
- Reverse Crunches -3 sets of 10 reps
- Plank -2-4 minutes or until failure
- Prison Squat -3 sets of 15 reps
- Lunges -2 sets 20 walking Lunges
- Calf Raises – 3 sets of 20 reps
Cool Down Yoga
- Upward Dog (Cobra) Pose- Hold 1 minute
- Downward Dog Pose- Hold 1 minute
- Child Pose –Hold 1 minute
Lay on your back and do some deep breathing for one full minute before slowly rising up and finishing the workout. This part is important to me, as it is a HUGE stress reliever -it’s amazing how much release you’ll get just from taking deep breaths!
That wasn’t too hard, now was it?
Always remember to drink enough water to keep you hydrated throughout the day and keep up your healthy carb intake –don’t starve yourself- for a healthy and happy life