February 29, 2016 by Virginia James
Since becoming vegan, this is one of our favorite side dishes for dinner. Have it next to rice with veggies, next to your pasta, or simply make a giant batch and enjoy throughout the week, or take to a party!
Doesn’t that look yummy?
Here’s what you’ll need
- 2 lbs Sweet Potato or Yams
- 2-3 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps Avocado oil or (coconut oil and EVOO also work just fine)
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Substitute Salt
- Preheat oven at 450 degrees F.
- Rinse Sweet Potatoes or Yams thoroughly and slice into small chunks. If you like you could peel the skin off -I prefer not to
- Place chunks in a bowl and drizzle avocado oil over it. Toss until well distributed.
- Add each of the spices one at a time and keep distributing for an even coat.
- Prep a large baking pan by covering it with non-stick aluminum foil. If you have regular foil, make sure to use a non-stick spray.
- Spread the chunks evenly over the surface of the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden-browned to your liking.
- Let pan cool on a rack for a few minutes, then serve immediately, and enjoy!
Want to make it sweet??? Sub all the spices for cinnamon and coconut sugar, and serve with fruit on the side for a yummy dessert!