February 23, 2016 by Virginia James
This week I’m all about fruits and veggies. This is what I like to call the EXTREMELY CLEAN week. And I’m doing this cleanse because over the past week, I have let a few things slide into my menu that shouldn’t have gotten in -due to my birthday.
So, when mistakes like this happen, how do I get back on track? With the following cleanse of course! But I don’t restrict myself at all -I don’t limit myself to liquids only -that’s just crazy! For the following week, I’ll be eating 100% plant-based. Meaning no meat, or enriched grains, no dairy and no eggs. All I will have is purely fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. The only thing that should be cooked are any veggies -That’s it! This is just for one week, and it’s a great way to reboot my digestive system and hit that ultimate ‘reset’ button that my body needs!
Rules for the 7 day clean eating challenge:
- only fruits, veggies, seeds, and nuts – but have as much as you like so long as all four types of foods are balanced.
- Only root veggies (such as sweet potatoes, carrots, etc. ) can be cooked -everything else to be eaten raw
- drink only water, tea, or coffee throughout the day (drinks may not be sweetened at all)
- any nuts and seeds need to be unsalted and unroasted
- No milk, dairy, eggs or anything animal based -you can get a surprising amount of protein through plants
- Do not take any supplements other than a daily vitamin at this time (no protein powders, pre-workouts, etc. for the 7 days)
- that also means working out should be lessened during this week; I’m not saying stop completely, just take it a bit easier this week; lessen your reps, lower your weight, and incorporate more stretches in your routine. Or switch to body weight exercises. Remember this week is about resetting your body, not building it up!
That is the basis of this #7DayCleanEatingChallenge, and I hope you try it as well. I began yesterday, Monday, Feb 22nd and will continue on until Sunday Night.
This is an example of my daily meal plan for this week:
Breakfast: Fruit, seeds, and coffee
- 1 Cup Coffee
- 1 Whole Grapefruit
- 1 Banana
- Handful of sunflower seeds
Snack: 5 Celery sticks w/hummus
Lunch: salad, and fruit
- Veggie Salad: 1 Romaine Lettuce head, chopped – 1/2 red tomato, diced – 1/4 Avocado, sliced – 2-4 Glasses Water infused with ginger mint
- Fruit Salad: 1 Kiwi – 6 blackberries – 10-12 blueberries – 8 raspberries- handful of grapes – 8 Strawberries
Snack: more fruit!
- 1 Banana
- 3 Mandarin oranges (cuties)
Dinner: Sweet potato roast! …with fruit, of course!
- Sweet potato roast: 1 Sweet Potato, chopped, cubed – 1 tsp olive or avocado oil – 1 tsp pepper – 1 tsp garlic powder
- Fruit salad: 1 Banana – 1 Kiwi – 6 Strawberries, sliced – 1 Apple, sliced – 1 Peach Sliced.
- tall glass of any herbal tea (hot or chilled).