January 20, 2016 by Virginia James
This is one dinner dish I’ve made before, and I love it. Not only is it super easy to make but it’s delicious- which is important on my book! Try it out and see how you like it!
Vegan? substitute vegan cheese for mozzarella and feta!
(Makes 1 serving)
There are many variations to this recipe; Here’s mine.
- 1 Tablespoon Fat Free Feta Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Part Skim Mozzarella
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/4 Cup Finely diced Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Finely diced Kale
- 2 Tablespoons Finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons (or more) diced tomato or Pico de gallo
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
- Slice Zucchini in half and scoop seeds out roast zucchini in oven with white side down for 15 minutes, or until browned to your liking.
- While Zucchini is cooking, saute mushrooms, bell pepper and kale over medium heat, tossing in any spices you like, to taste. (I used Garlic Powder, Cayenne, and Cumin).
- Toss cooked veggies with diced tomato/Pico de gallo and feta cheese.
- When Zucchini is done, add the veggie mixture to your zucchini, filling up the boats. You may need to press the veggie mix down to try and fit it all in.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese, and bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes, or until cheese has melted to your liking.
- Sprinkle with parsley, or any dried herbs you like, and enjoy!
Serve with any whole grain sides (brown rice is great), and a side of fresh fruit and you’re all set!
DON’T LIKE MUSHROOMS? Change the recipe up as much as you’d like. Substitute vegan cheese if needed. If you crave meat, toss in some sliced steak or shredded chicken or pork! Personalize as much as you’d like 🙂
Here is my veggie version (with rice+beans); the finished product: