January 20, 2016 by Virginia James
This recipe is one of my favorites for a quick dinner -can be done in less than 40 minutes! It’s one of the easiest pizza recipes I have that is low carb and veggie friendly. Vegan? just substitute vegan cheese and you’re good to go!
Portobello Cap Pizzas
Makes 1 serving
- 2 Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 4-6 Tablespoons Part Skim Mozarella, feta, adn Romano Mixed together.
- 1/4 Cup (or less) low sodium/unsalted tomato sauce mixed with your favorite italian herbs and spices. I used Garlic Powder, Dried Oregano/basil, and Cayenne Pepper
- Any Veggie toppings you’d like! I used chopped mushrooms on one, and roasted bell peppers on the other (pictured below).
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F
- Gently remove the gills from inside the mushroom using a spoon. Place on baking sheet or foil, and roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- When taking out of the oven, pour out any water accumulated in the caps.
- Fill caps with your pizza sauce, the cheese mix, and top with any toppings you’d like.
- Place back in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until cheese has melted to your liking.
Here are the end results!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!