January 17, 2016 by Virginia James
Breakfast: Egg Scramble w/ Toast
- 3 egg whites Scrambled with 1/3 cup shredded Spinach. (by ‘shredded’ I mean, I literally tear up the leaves in my hands- I like doing this because it can be sprinkled over the egg whites and distributed evenly while cooking)
- 1/2 Slice Toast drizzled with 1 tsp of Raw Honey (I only eat breads if made from scratch -otherwise, I get one full slice of Ezekiel bread. When eating breads from scratch -cut serving in half. I stay away from regular store-bought breads due to the amounts of preservatives. natural bread should start going bad within a couple of days.)
- 1 8oz glass of Switchel
Haven’t tried Switchel yet? Get the recipe HERE!
- Just a handful of Almonds is all I need for today. That glass of Switchel gave me a punch of energy!
Lunch: Tuna Sandwich
- 2 slices Ezekiel Bread
- 1 Serving Tuna (I get the Tuna canned in water to save $$ -but if you prefer the fancier stuff -go for it!)
- As many leaves of lettuce that sandwich can hold!
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 1 tsp hot sauce -I like Tapatio
- 1 Pinch of pepper
Snack: Post workout Drink!
- I like using Syntha-6 isolate Protein Powder with water. If I want an extra kick of energy, I’ll add frozen berries. Also, I prefer isolate protein because I’m lactose intolerant.
Dinner: Chicken with Green Beans
- 1 Chicken Breast; boneless, skinless, fat-trimed; Grilled and sliced (For Chicken seasoning: 1 pinch pepper, 1 pinch garlic powder, 1 pinch onion powder and a tiny bit of lemon juice -absolutely NO SALT. Salt will make you bloat, and you want to feel good before you hit the hay)
- 3oz of Green beans cooked -either boiled or roasted.
- 1/4 Avocado sliced.
For this dinner plate in particular, I like to slice the chicken and just mash all the ingredients together with my fork so that I can get a bit of avocado in each bite. Who says you can’t play with your food?