January 15, 2016 by Virginia James
This dessert is SUPER easy to make, and can be done in a snap. I usually like to make these babies in the morning and refrigerate it until I get home from work -it’s sort of my ‘relaxing time’ post workout snack. It can also be made in the evening and left to refrigerate overnight for an awesome mid-morning snack!
- 1/2 Cup canned Light Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Raw Honey or Agave Nectar
- 1 tsp. Slivered Almonds (optional topping)
- 3 Raspberries (optional topping)
Directions (Makes One Serving)
- Mix everything in a jar or bowl
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes (be patient) -it’ll begin to thicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Top with optional toppings listed above (optional) or throw in some fresh/frozen fruit!
BENEFITS OF CHIA SEEDS
*Helps to reduce your Blood Pressure
*Helps to curve your cravings
*Keeps you full longer (they expand in your tummy)
*They help to keep you hydrated
*Easier to digest than other seeds
*Helps to reduce inflamation
*Provide Omega 3 fatty acids, which help with arthritis and with joint issues
*Good Source of Protein