Leave a comment
January 14, 2016 by Virginia James
Breakfast: Egg Scramble w/Toast
- 3 egg whites Scrambled with 1/3 cup shredded Spinach. (by ‘shredded’ I mean, I literally tear up the leaves in my hands- I like doing this because it can be sprinkled over the egg whites and distributed evenly while cooking)
- 1/2 Slice Toast drizzled with 1 tsp of Raw Honey (I only eat breads if made from scratch -otherwise, I get one full slice of Ezekiel bread. When eating breads from scratch -cut serving in half. I stay away from regular store-bought breads due to the amounts of preservatives. natural bread should start going bad within a couple of days.)
- 1 8oz glass of Switchel
Haven’t tried Switchel yet? Get the recipe HERE!
- Just a handful of Almonds is all I need for today. That glass of Switchel gave me a punch of energy!
Lunch: Lean Meatballs w/Brown Rice
This is a filling, yet light sandwich -perfect to pack for a lunch.
- 1 package 98% lean Ground Beef.
- Mix beef with 1 Egg and any spices you like; I used:
- dried basil, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, course black pepper and cumin.
- roll into balls and sprinkle parmesan cheese on each
- bake at 400 degrees F 12-15 minutes, or until browned.
- 1 Cup prepared brown rice
- 1 Cup roasted veggies
- Have with a side of fruit
Snack: 1 Banana
Dinner: Chicken w/Green Beans
- 1 Chicken Breast; boneless, skinless, fat-trimed; Grilled and sliced (For Chicken seasoning: 1 pinch pepper, 1 pinch garlic powder, 1 pinch onion powder and a tiny bit of lemon juice -absolutely NO SALT. Salt will make you bloat, and you want to feel good before you hit the hay)
- 3oz of Green beans cooked -either boiled or roasted.
- 1/4 Avocado sliced.
At least 64oz throughout the day