January 13, 2016 by Virginia James
Tone Up your Tuesday!
Focus on: Upper Body
4:30am -10 minutes cardio
5:30pm- Warm -up Cardio: 10-20 minutes on treadmill (walk, run, sprint… literally do anything with variable speeds from 4 through 10)
The following workout can be done with a barbell, or dumbbells. Don’t have any? Hold Two Gallons of water by the handle in each hand- don’t have that? … if you happen to have some paint… cans of paint work very well too (pictured below). Don’t have either of those? You could always use two water bottles but you may have to double your # reps, especially for bicep curls.
- 10-20 Minutes on treadmill -literally ANY form of cardio is fine
- Wide-Grip Barbell Bench Press Complete 3 sets of 10-12 (20lbs) This works your chest. See proper form HERE.
- Dumbbell Overhead Press Complete 3 sets of 15 (2 -8lb-10lb dumbells) Works your shoulders. See proper form HERE.
- Barbell Bicep Curls Complete 5 sets of 5 reps (20lbs) This works your Biceps. See proper form HERE. (pictured above with paint cans)
- Upright Barbell Rows Complete 3 sets of 10-12 (20lbs) This works your Shoulders. See proper form HERE
- Standing Bent-Over Triceps Extension (Skii) Complete 2 sets of 15 (8-15lbs). This works your Triceps. See proper form HERE
Again as I’ve mentioned in a previous post, that ‘No Pain, No Gain’ thing is a total LIE. If something hurts, stop immediately and stretch it out! If the pain is prolonged, see a doctor. All you should feel is a nice burn in your muscles.
Why do I run twice in the day?
Kicking off your morning with cardio helps amp up your metabolism, wakes you up, gives you energy, and helps your body to burn more calories efficiently throughout the day.. so …why not?