January 6, 2016 by Virginia James
Breakfast: Egg White Tacos
- 1/3 Cup of egg whites Or whites of 2 large eggs -scramble with seasonings below -no salt or butter!
- Dry Basil, Black Pepper & Onion Powder to taste
- Two corn tortillas (Corn tortillas are healthier than flour)
- 1 8oz glass of Switchel
Haven’t tried Switchel yet? It’s super good for you, and super easy to make! Get the recipe HERE!
Snack: Nuts & Tea
- Just a handful of Almonds is all I need -no more than 10
- Passion Flower tea- no sweetener added
Lunch: Chicken Sandwich & Berry Salad
- 2 slices Ezekiel Bread
- 1 Serving Chicken (Boiled and shredded chicken; white meat only)
- As many leaves of lettuce that sandwich can hold!
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 1 tsp hot sauce -I like Tapatio
- 1 Pinch of pepper
- Berry Salad: 1 Cup sliced strawberries tossed in as much Spinach as you can handle!
Snack: Frozen Grapes & Cheese
- Let’s be french today! In the freezer I like to keep about 1 cup of grapes in sandwich bags, and label them by the date. Post workout, when I need something refreshing, I’ll pop these frozen treats into my mouth and enjoy a nice part-skim sting cheese!
Dinner: Sweet Potato Tacos w/Boiled Egg
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Sweet Potato (raw)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
- Handful of chopped Spinach
- 2 Tbspns Mozzarella (part skim; 1 Tbsp per taco)
- 1/4 Avocado mashed.
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 5 halved Strawberries
For this dinner, simply grill the sweet potato, mushrooms together. I like to sprinkle some garlic powder while they sizzle together. While that is cooking, heat up the tortillas, melting the cheese on it when they’re almost done. sprinkle the cheese with finely chopped spinach and throw your potato/shrooms onto each tortilla. Don’t forget to boil that egg!
Place the tacos on your plate with the egg and strawberries.
I actually found a picture I took on my Instagram the very first time I made these babies! Here’s what my plate looks like:
As always… don’t forget to drink that water!